December 31, 2013 § Leave a comment
There are a million different ways we can damage our hair, and this summer being out in the sun with regular swims can really take it’s toll. A regular dose of intensive treatment will guarantee to leave you with healthy hair.
We use high quality natural products that are specially designed to treat not only the symptoms but the cause of hair and scalp problems. Our treatments are derived from sustainable, naturally sourced ingredients.
THIS WEEKS TREATMENT – Holistic Calendula and Chamoile Scalp Treatment
30 minute head massage and hot towel treatment using ancient alchemic formulas from NZ’s finest sustainable company Holistic Hair, we will restore your hair vitality, sooth irritation, and encourage healthy hair growth. The perfect choice for specific hair and scalp conditions.
- Hollistic Oil Treatment with Blow Wave $60.00
- Hollistic Oil Treatment with Cut, Blow Wave $120-$160 (with preferred stylist)
Chamomile is also found to be highly effectual in preventing and eliminating dandruff. In addition, it also soothes irritated scalp. Chamomile flower looks like a daisy with its beautiful white petals and yellow disc florets, and it has a strong aroma. Native to Asia, Europe, Australia and North America, this beautiful flower blossoms during early summers.
Calendula is considered to be one of the most powerful contenders as a therapeutic remedy. This oil when properly and painstakingly distilled is a powerful anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial agent, and antiseptic.
Pure Essential Oils blended specifically to repair and strengthen dray and damaged hair include the following: chamomile, patchouli, certified organic lavender blend with sweet almond + vitamin E, certified organic jojoba oil, calendula oil.
VADAS TRIED & TESTED
Chamomile Panna Cotta
If you ever want to enjoy rich, luscious cream, this is the dessert to make. It’s completely cream based and can be made in a variety of flavours or topped with honey, jam or jelly.
Served cold, it’s a refreshing dessert to enjoy on a hot summer day!
For this rendition, Vada infused fresh, raw cream with dried chamomile to give it a delicate flavour. To ensure a soft and silky texture, we emulsified extra virgin olive oil into the cream before setting.
This may not be a dessert for everyone, but for those of us that enjoy chamomile, it’s swoon worthy. Especially after drizzling with homemade chamoile infused raw honey.
- 2 cups fresh raw cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4tbls dried chamomile
- 1/2 cup evaporated cane juice (organic sugar)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbls water
- 1 tbls Organic Unflavoured Vegan Gelatin Powder
1. In a small saucepan, bring the cream, milk, vanilla extract and evaporated cane juice (sugar) just to a boil making sure the sugar has dissolved.
2. Add 4tbls dried chamomile, cover and steep for 10 minutes.
3. Strain through a fine sieve or cheesecloth into a bowl.
4. Add 1/4 cup of olive oil to the cream mixture and blend in a blender to emulsify the oil. Return to bowl.
5. In a small saucepan, add water and sprinkle gelatin on top. Let stand for a minute, then heat slowly until dissolved, 1-2 minutes.
6. Add the dissolved gelatin to the cream mixture and mix well.
7. Pour into ramekins, 1/4 pint mason jars or wine glasses and chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or preferably overnight.
8. Serve in ramekin, mason jar or wine glass or turn out onto a dish.
9. Drizzle with chamomile infused raw honey, regular honey, fresh berries, or homemade jam.
December 13, 2013 § Leave a comment
100% independently owned and operated, Mountain Goat was launched for the very first time in New Zealand this year, and their range of premium craft ales have been extremely well received at Vada Hair and within the New Zealand craft beer market.
Vada’s Christmas Party was proudly sponsored by Handcrafted Australian Ales from a little microbrewery in Richmond, Victoria, Mountain Goat is one of Australia’s most popular craft beer brands.
Naturally brewed avoiding all preservatives and additives, Mountain Goat has picked up a swag of awards including picking up Gold at the 2012 Australian International Beer Awards, Silver at the 2013 Australian International Beer Awards and top honours at the 2013 Beer Fest Asia.
So… what happened at the Party??
December 5, 2013 § Leave a comment
Give the gift of well-being with a Vada Gift Voucher using treatments derived from sustainable naturally sourced ingredients.
Using our naturally derived plant based formulas from the Naturaltech range – we will prescribe from one of our four different superactive families – purifying, energizing, calming and nourishing plant based ceuticals.
This Vada Gift Voucher is beautifully presented with complimentary Naturaltech sample sachets.
- Phytoceutical treatment, cut, blowave voucher and gift bag from $105 – $165 (preferred stylist)
- Phytoceutical treatment & blowave voucher & gift bag $85
AUTHENTIC NECTAR WELLBEING
Experience the precious authentic formulas, rich in carthame, sesame, safflower and jojoba oil. Your treatment includes refreshing nectar, hydrating balm, replenishing mask and a full sized gift of nourishing oil leaving hair soft, shiny and silky, the body skin is nourished and velvety.
- Authentics Treatment with Cut, Blowave Voucher and Authentics Nourishing Oil in gift bag $160 – $200 (with chosen stylist)
- Authentics Treatment with Blowave Voucher & Authentics Nourishing Oil in gift bag $80
HOLLISTIC OIL TREATMENT
Using ancient alchemic formulas from NZ’s finest sustainable company Holistic Hair, we will restore your hair vitality, sooth irritation, and encourage healthy hair growth. The perfect choice for specific hair and scalp conditions.
- Hollistic Oil Treatment with Cut, Blow Wave Voucher & Holistic Hair Travel Gift Pack from $120-$160 (with preferred stylist)
- Hollistic Oil Treatment with Blow Wave Voucher & Holistic Hair Travel Gift Pack Pack $97.00