Holistic Treatment – Natures Hair Care
December 31, 2013 § Leave a comment
There are a million different ways we can damage our hair, and this summer being out in the sun with regular swims can really take it’s toll. A regular dose of intensive treatment will guarantee to leave you with healthy hair.
We use high quality natural products that are specially designed to treat not only the symptoms but the cause of hair and scalp problems. Our treatments are derived from sustainable, naturally sourced ingredients.
THIS WEEKS TREATMENT – Holistic Calendula and Chamoile Scalp Treatment
30 minute head massage and hot towel treatment using ancient alchemic formulas from NZ’s finest sustainable company Holistic Hair, we will restore your hair vitality, sooth irritation, and encourage healthy hair growth. The perfect choice for specific hair and scalp conditions.
- Hollistic Oil Treatment with Blow Wave $60.00
- Hollistic Oil Treatment with Cut, Blow Wave $120-$160 (with preferred stylist)
Chamomile is also found to be highly effectual in preventing and eliminating dandruff. In addition, it also soothes irritated scalp. Chamomile flower looks like a daisy with its beautiful white petals and yellow disc florets, and it has a strong aroma. Native to Asia, Europe, Australia and North America, this beautiful flower blossoms during early summers.
Calendula is considered to be one of the most powerful contenders as a therapeutic remedy. This oil when properly and painstakingly distilled is a powerful anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial agent, and antiseptic.
Pure Essential Oils blended specifically to repair and strengthen dray and damaged hair include the following: chamomile, patchouli, certified organic lavender blend with sweet almond + vitamin E, certified organic jojoba oil, calendula oil.
VADAS TRIED & TESTED
Chamomile Panna Cotta
If you ever want to enjoy rich, luscious cream, this is the dessert to make. It’s completely cream based and can be made in a variety of flavours or topped with honey, jam or jelly.
Served cold, it’s a refreshing dessert to enjoy on a hot summer day!
For this rendition, Vada infused fresh, raw cream with dried chamomile to give it a delicate flavour. To ensure a soft and silky texture, we emulsified extra virgin olive oil into the cream before setting.
This may not be a dessert for everyone, but for those of us that enjoy chamomile, it’s swoon worthy. Especially after drizzling with homemade chamoile infused raw honey.
- 2 cups fresh raw cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4tbls dried chamomile
- 1/2 cup evaporated cane juice (organic sugar)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbls water
- 1 tbls Organic Unflavoured Vegan Gelatin Powder
1. In a small saucepan, bring the cream, milk, vanilla extract and evaporated cane juice (sugar) just to a boil making sure the sugar has dissolved.
2. Add 4tbls dried chamomile, cover and steep for 10 minutes.
3. Strain through a fine sieve or cheesecloth into a bowl.
4. Add 1/4 cup of olive oil to the cream mixture and blend in a blender to emulsify the oil. Return to bowl.
5. In a small saucepan, add water and sprinkle gelatin on top. Let stand for a minute, then heat slowly until dissolved, 1-2 minutes.
6. Add the dissolved gelatin to the cream mixture and mix well.
7. Pour into ramekins, 1/4 pint mason jars or wine glasses and chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or preferably overnight.
8. Serve in ramekin, mason jar or wine glass or turn out onto a dish.
9. Drizzle with chamomile infused raw honey, regular honey, fresh berries, or homemade jam.