January 14, 2015 § Leave a comment
Back by popular demand, Vada’s famous kids club returns January 20th
Book your scruffy little darlings in before school starts again!
- $30 Kids cut & style
- Nice block treat yummy & healthy
- Collected lucky dip goodie bag
- $40 Vada voucher
- Endless coffee and Free wifi
- Glass of wine (endless if needed)
- $25 Blow wave while you wait (bookings essential)
Nice Block treat provided by Tommy & James from http://niceblocks.co.nz/nice-blocks/
July 6, 2014 § Leave a comment
They hide from the light. They feed on your blood. No, they’re not the villains in the latest vampire flick—they’re head lice. These tiny creatures, about the size of a sesame seed, don’t cause lasting damage or carry any diseases. Still, most of us would rather skip an itchy, annoying infestation.
Head lice infest younger children in child care or school first because they play closely together. Most common cases are among kids aged 3 to 11. But adults can get head lice, too. If one child in your house is infested, it’s best to check everyone.
Don’t think for a minute Head lice are a sign of poor hygiene. Head lice spread through direct head-to-head contact. For kids, this often occurs at school, sports activities, camp, or slumber parties. Less commonly, lice travel on hats, scarves, coats, brushes, or combs. The cleanliness of your hair, home, or school has nothing to do with the risk of getting them.
So… what can we do about it?!
Vada are hair professionals and we suggest you get hold of our Knot Knitty treatments! This product will save you some heartache on the necessary head lice treatments required to avoid secondary infections that result from scratching at bites and infestations at school.
There’s no proof mayonnaise, olive oil, margarine, or butter kills lice. Wash clothing, linens, combs, and brushes with hot water. Vacuum floors and furniture. But don’t spend too much time or money; lice can’t live long if they’re not on a human host.
KNOT KNITTY GEL – 230ml
Is a fast, safe and effective treatment against head lice and nits (eggs). Its unique formula breaks the keratin-like glue of the nit shell from the hair shaft, killing the nit and head lice quickly and gently after 10 minutes on dry hair. A specially designed nozzle and clear gel formula, permit easy saturation of the hair, rinsing away easily, leaving no chemical residue or odour. Built-in water activated conditioners rebalance the pH of the hair, making it safe to re-treat after 7-10 days of initial treatment.
Allows easy screening of headlice and nits (eggs). Formulated with lemon and spearmint essential oils – it assists with egg removal from the hair shaft. Containing silk proteins, knot knitty is perfect for a daily leave-in detangler for children. Knot knitty spray is also beneficial for the hair daily protection, conditioning and prevention of split ends and breakage. pH4
How to Knick off nits
- Examine children’s heads at regular weekly intervals – using a nit comb or knot knitty spray
- Early diagnosis makes treatment easier and reduces infection to others
- Keep long hair tidy and tied back
- Prompt treatment with knot knitty gel is recommended only if and when live louse are found
- Be persistent and thorough with checking and retreat with knot knitty gel after 7-10 days
- be sure to check all family members for possible head lice infestation
- Be sure to notify friends and school teachers
- Disinfect personal items (in use) combs, brushes, linen, hats, etc. in hot water above 60 degrees or hang outside for 3 days
Knitty – Itchy Facts
- Females lay 50-150 eggs in their 4 week life span
- Head lice infect girls 2 – 4 times more than boys
- Head lice feed every 3 – 6 hours sucking blood from the scalp
- Head lice are fast and agile in their native environment – human hair
- Head lice can survive away from the scalp between 15-20 hours usually to lay their eggs
- Head lice can survive in cold water and hot water under 60 degrees Celsius
- Head live love clean, dirty, thick, thin, long or short hair
- Head lice are incapable of jumping or flying or even walking efficiently on flat surfaces
- Head lice are becoming more and more resistant to popular treatment
- Head lice do not transmit diseases
- Itchiness occurs 3-4 weeks after infestation
- Egg shells can stay attached to the hair until removed by abrasion or until it disintegrates which may take months or years
- The glue used by the female louse to lay her eggs on the hair shaft is made of proteins similar to hair keratin
May 13, 2014 § Leave a comment
Please welcome Emma to the Vada fold this week!
Emma has international experience as a Senior Stylist and has a nationally recognised career of 10 years in the Hairdressing industry.
She has tutored at Servilles Academy, worked on fashion weeks, NZ top model and many Editorial photo shoots. Emma has been traveling around Australia and worked in Melbourne and Perth – we are pleased to have her in the Vada huddle!
Having won multiple awards- coming first in many hair up competitions its no wonder her favourite trend for for 2014 is Boho!
“There is so much you can change up to make it your own, with wild looking curls to braids and simple boho hairups looks so effective and so easy to create.”
Having won many awards in Cut and Colour work too she is loving disconnected haircuts on men and women. “Also one of my favs as you can create your own look these days and make it your own.”
SO – as an introduction to all new clients – we are offering 50% off Cut and Colours with Emma until the end of June! She will be filling up fast so book in now!
May 7, 2014 § Leave a comment
Vada hair are big lovers of EVO products. This range steps outside the normal realm of truth-stretching invention in a “wake up and smell the coffee” crusade of twisted honesty. The products are innovative, simple, luxurious and effective to use.
We also like that inside bottles of evo you’ll find luxurious products that are sulphate, paraben, dea, tea and propylene glycol free; products that give professional results while respecting the environment. you won’t find unnecessary, over-marketed ingredients; no imaginary technology, no myths, no gimmicks. all ingredients in evo® formulations are active; nothing is added only to make claims on the label.
Vada is the go to Salon for EVO – masterfully trained and experts in their field – our team provide industry and product knowledge. Vada assisted in the launch of EVO Pro to hairdressers and the media as per photo’s of our Colour Technician Experts EVO Eve , Aneta and Stella.
EVO Pro is the new in-salon ‘colour refresh to create unlimited semi colours – refresh, fill, tone/pastelise, accent and enhance colour. We also customise unlimited retail colour conditioners – perfectly match and maintain colour between visits to Vada.
DEPOSIT ONLY // AMMONIA FREE // PEROXIDE FREE // UNLIMITED COLOUR PALETTE //
DIRECT CATIONIC PIGMENT IN A NOURISHING CONDITIONER BASE //
NO PERMANENT COLOUR COMMITMENT //
TOTAL RESPECT OF SCALP AND HAIR’S INTEGRITY
April 30, 2014 § Leave a comment
We live in a time of increasing awareness about global issues. It is common knowledge now that our actions have an effect on the world around us, often in distant places. We at Vada believe in a holistic approach to well-being and we try our best to create a healthier and more equal world, and that desire transfers over to the products and services we buy and the business relationships we form.
We are super excited to provide Fair Trade beverages for a fortnight from 3 May to 17 May. Vada will be a platform to highlight the benefits of using fair trade practices in our businesses. The gorgeous people at Caffe L’affare, Kokako, and Scarborough Fair are donating two weeks supply of their Fair Trade luscious beverages to Vada Clients.
So many things we enjoy every day – like coffee, bananas, tea and cocoa – come from the developing world. Typically just a tiny percentage of what we pay actually gets back to the people who grow the goods, leaving them struggling to feed their families, send their children to school, pay for healthcare or meet other basic needs. In some cases, growers are unable to cover their production costs.
Fair trade helps people take control of their livelihoods and create a better future for themselves through:
- fair pricing guaranteed to cover sustainable production costs
- safe and healthy working conditions
- building partnerships and investing in local community development projects
- growing methods that respect the environment
- working with growers to develop their skills and capabilities
Promoting Fair Trade in New Zealand is just one of the ways Oxfam empowers producers in the developing world to get a better deal from trade.
With Oxfam’s support coffee and rice growers in East Timor are able to earn higher prices for their crops through access to technical training and new processing equipment.
In Samoa, Oxfam helps local growers gain higher returns through organic certification.
Globally, Oxfam is making trade fair for the worlds poorest people – through research, campaigning and advocacy. In New Zealand, they lobby the Government to ensure poverty reduction is at the heart of trade agreements with Pacific Island Countries. They also work with local groups and governments across the Pacific to strengthen their voices in international trade negotiations.
Oxfam believes that everyone has the right to a life free from poverty. They link local-level action with international campaigns for basic rights to create a secure and more equal world.
We at Vada – think that is pretty cool. Vada is dedicated to being an environmentally conscious company and where possible have aligned ourselves with companies and brands that share the same ethos and operate from an ethical and sustainable approach.
April 22, 2014 § 3 Comments
We have all the treats and tricks these School Holidays! $30 Kids Cut with lucky dip to take home!
For you: Free wifi, magazines, bottomless coffee, glass of wine and if you want to get your hair done too we are offering $25 Blow Wave, $70 Women’s Cut, $50 Men’s Cut!